Recognising the importance of catchment and source protection to the delivery of a safe and wholesome drinking water supply, the National Federation of Group Water Schemes (NFGWS) has been centrally involved, along with individual group water schemes in progressing several pilot projects and a mapping project aimed at preventing or reducing the contamination of raw water sources. Below are links to an outline, reports, conclusions and recommendations of each of these projects.
- The National Source Protection Pilot Project (NSPPP)
- The On-site Wastewater Treatment Systems (OSWTS) Pilot Project - phase 1
- The On-site Wastewater Treatment Systems (OSWTS) Pilot Project - phase 2
- Zone of Contribution (ZOC) delineation Pilot Project (Cork & Limerick)
- Zone of Contribution (ZOC) delineation/catchment mapping Project (on all group water schemes)