As part of its ongoing training and mentoring programme, the NFGWS will be hosting online workshops for group water scheme (GWS) boards of management/committees from the 22-24 November.
Hosted via Zoom, the workshops be delivered in partnership with the Irish Co-operative Organisation Society (ICOS), and will focus on best practice and the responsibilities of GWS boards/committees as water providers under the Drinking Water Regulations, responsibilities as directors of a legal entity and the board/committee's responsibility as an employer.
All GWS board/committee members are invited to attend this online workshop, with schemes encouraged to send at least two board/committee representatives to participate. Dates and times of the workshops are detailed below, and group water schemes will have received a written invitation with the relevant link to register for the workshop applicable to their region.
- Monday 22 November 7pm: Cavan, Monaghan, Meath and Louth
- Monday 22 November 7pm: Mayo
- Monday 22 November 7pm: Limerick, Cork, Clare and Kerry
- Tuesday 23 November 7pm: Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim and Donegal
- Tuesday 23 November 7pm: Galway
- Tuesday 23 November 7pm: Tipperary, Kilkenny and Waterford
- Wednesday 24 November 7pm: Offaly, Westmeath, Laois and Longford
- Wednesday 24 November 7pm: Carlow, Wexford, Wicklow and Kildare
Those who wish to attend must register in advance. The registration link can be found in the invitation letter or can be forwarded on via email by the group water scheme's local NFGWS development officer.