Following the Government’s announcement on the 27th of March 2020 of further restrictions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, a full list of essential services has been published, which can be viewed here. Clearly, water services - including those provided by the GWS sector - are recognised as essential services that should continue to operate fully at this time. Water services are essential to preventing the spread of COVID-19, as are the associated services required to keep treatment plants and distribution networks operational. Therefore, these services are not restricted. If any scheme is experiencing difficulties in terms or supply chains, contractors or other, please contact your NFGWS Development Officer immediately.
Every group water scheme should continue to follow both NFGWS COVID-19 advice notes:
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 1 - 10th March 2020
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 2 - 20th March 2020
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 3 - 30th March 2020
Schemes that have yet to put the necessary contingency arrangements in place need to do so Immediately. NFGWS Development Staff continue to be available to advise and assist schemes through this process.
Further information on COVID-19 can be accessed here:
- Most up to date Government Advice
- ICOS advice for co-operative board meetings during the Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis
- Register of Friendly Societies extension to deadline for Annual Returns in 2020
- NFGWS press release 19th March 2020