New COVID-19 public health measures were announced by Government on Tuesday, 15 September and can be viewed here. Water services - including those provided by the GWS sector - continue to be recognised as essential services. Schemes must put appropriate arrangements are in place to ensure any staff or volunteers are operating safely and in compliance with the latest government guidance.
On the 1st of May, the Government published Return to Work Safely Protocol, which is the COVID-19 Specific National Protocol for employers and workers in Ireland. It is important for Group Water Schemes to familiarise themselves with this document and implement specific measures and contingency arrangements to protect workers and volunteers. Hand washing and/or hand sanitising facilities should be made available to anyone working on behalf of your scheme. Social distancing guidelines should be observed at all time. Indoor meetings are not advised at this time unless absolutely essential and where held, must comply with the latest government guidance. NFGWS Development Staff continue to be available to advise and assist schemes if needed.
Appropriate signage and posters should be erected on group water scheme sites. Up to date signage is available from here. Below is an example from the West Limerick GWS (Killeedy site), where signage has been displayed to ensure people entering the site are aware of the various measures and requirements.
Examples of appropriate signage and posters:
Further information on COVID-19 can be accessed here:
- Most up to date Government Advice
- ICOS updated advice on COVID-19 General Meetings the AGM 24th August 2020 - Emergency Legislation
- ICOS updated advice on COVID-19 Board Meetings 25th May 2020
- Further information from WHO on COVID-19
- Roadmap for reopening society and business
- Return to Work Safely Protocol
List of NFGWS advice notes and relevant material issued to the GWS sector since the 10th March 2020.
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 1 - 10th March 2020
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 2 - 20th March 2020
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 3 - 30th March 2020
- NFGWS COVID-19 Advice Note 4 - 15th May 2020
- NFGWS press release 19th March 2020