Applying for a Road Opening Licence

Group water schemes and contractors working on their behalf must apply through an online process for permission to open roads and road verges, whether to fix leaks or lay new pipework. An NFGWS booklet is designed to inform the boards/committees of management and operational staff of group water schemes of their legal requirements when carrying out excavation works on Local and Regional Roads.

Also included is a direct link to the relevant Road Management Office (RMO) tutorials regarding this issue.